Adams County, Ohio History
Adams County's Boundaries
Adams County: September 1, 1798
On 01 Sep 1798, Adams County gained 140 square miles of property formerly belonging to Hamilton County, situated west of the West Fork of Eagle Creek to a line extending from Buford to the Ohio River at Ripley. Adams County's total property-span now covers 1,600 square miles, and this expanse of territory is held through the creation of Ohio as the seventeenth state of the United States of America, on 01 Mar 1803, as illustrated above.